Mlpcare Data Privacy Notice for International Patients
This Privacy Notice is drafted by Mlp Sağlık Hizmetleri A.Ş. and all other affiliates, companies, and hospitals (“MLPCARE" or “we") acting as data controller.
Please click here to see a list of all companies and hospitals under MLPCARE.
1. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATAPlease find below legal basis for MLPCARE to process your data:
When you visit one of our hospitals, we need to register you to our system to deliver the medical services you need. For this purpose we need personal data to identify you. (e.g. identity data, communication data etc.) The medical service agreement constitutes the legal basis for processing your basic personal data.
We will process your health data (such as diagnosis or treatment data) based on the legal basis of medical diagnosis.
We are subject to legal obligation to process (specifically retain and share) your health data. (Please look Part 4 for more information)
If you are in an extreme or life-threatening condition while present at one of our hospitals, we will use your health data in order to preserve your health and well-being, and on the legal basis of protecting your vital interests.
We would like to keep you informed of our latest offering in medical services and would like to be able to contact you for that purpose (e-marketing). If you wish to receive such communications, we will process your personal data based on your consent.
You can participate in our satisfaction survey for patients, should you wish to do so. We would like to remind you that participation is based on your free consent. Your choice will not affect our service to you. If you prefer, we will abstain from contacting you.
We may process (specifically share with educational institutions that we collaborate) your personal data for scientific research.
We are using CCTV cameras in all of our hospitals to ensure the safety of our patients. The legal basis to monitor our hospitals is our legitimate interest in ensuring the safety of our patients and hospitals.
Moreover, we are also using VR Camera systems in operating rooms as a legal obligation arising from the Circular no 2012/23 drafted by the Ministry of Health on protecting medical employees.
When you call a MLPCARE Call Center for making an appointment, being informed about one of our services or submitting a complaint; your personal data is processed based on execution of contract and legitimate interest legal basis.
Some of our hospitals offer car parking services. If you wish to use our parkings we will process your data (car data) based on our legitimate interest.
2. DATA WE PROCESSWe may obtain your personal data from three resources: a. from you; b. from others; 3. from our medical activity.
Identity and communication data
3. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA MLPCARE retains your personal data as long as necessary to provide our medical services and to comply with applicable medical, tax, accounting or other legislative requirements. If our legal obligation to retain your data expires, we will delete your data or de-identify it.
4. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA During your relationship with MLPCARE we share your personal data with five different types of recipients:
Please click here to find a list of all educational institutions that we are in cooperation with.
5. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER Upon the existence of your explicit consent, we may transfer your personal data abroad to private health insurance firms, intermediary institutions authorized by the private insurance company, contracted institutions you are affiliated with;for the purpose of carrying out the provision and invoicing processes for the services you have received, in the course of financing of healthcare services., your personal data may be transferred to third parties, including insurance firms abroad, that you have specified upon your request and limited to this.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS DATA SUBJECT? 1) Right to request access to your personal data. It means that you are entitled to obtain a confirmation that your data is being processed. You have access to your personal data processed by us and other supplementary information (especially the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed and the retention period). 2) Right to request rectification of your data. It means that you are entitled to have your personal data corrected, completed if it is inaccurate or incomplete. 3) Right to request erasure of your data. It means that you are entitled to have your personal data deleted in specific circumstances, if there is no lawful reason for continuing our processing. 4) Right to request us to restrict the processing. It means that you may request to 'block' or suppress processing of your personal data in specific circumstances. Your valid request is leading to that we will be permitted to store your personal data, but not further process it. 5) Right to object to us processing your data. If you use a „no photo" badge (available at the reception) we are not taking photos of you during the event. 6) Right to data portability. It means that you may request from us to provide all your data in our control in a machine-readable format, so that you can transfer your data to another data controller. 7) Right to not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing. It means that you may request from us to not use your personal data for decisions made solely by automated processing. If you wish to exercise your rights above, we kindly request you to transmit your legal requests related to your personal data by filling in the “MLPCARE Data Subject Access Request Form" given herein and sending it to us by the communications means set forth in the form.